Who Needs an Estate Plan?
The Key Takeaways
- Every adult, regardless of age or wealth, needs both a lifetime plan and an after-death estate plan.
- Planning for incapacity will keep you in control and let your trusted loved ones care for you without court interference – and without the loss of control and expense of a guardianship or conservatorship proceeding.
- Every adult needs up-to-date health care directives.
- You need to leave written instructions to make sure you are the one who selects who’s in charge of when and how your assets will be distributed.
- We all need the counseling and assistance of an experienced estate planning attorney.
What is an Estate Plan?
What You Need to Know
Actions to Consider
- Call or email our office now to set up an estate planning consultation appointment. We make tough topics manageable to discuss and talk about.
- Don’t worry about how life will unfold; the best practice is to have your plan prepared now based on your current situation.