PROTECT YOUR LOVED ONES AND PLAN AHEAD
START YOUR ESTATE PLAN TODAY, YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU GOT IT DONE!
A comprehensive Estate Plan should include at least five documents. For a brief description of each of these and why each is important, see this link. Estate Planning is of crucial for everyone, no matter of age, relationship status or sexual orientation. We at GP Schoemakers, PLLC understand the importance of a Holistic Estate Plan that will fit your personal situation, lifestyle and family dynamics. We have helped individuals and couples, so whether you are single, married, with or without children, have a blended family or LGBTQ relationship, we can help you with a comprehensive estate plan that will help you control your estate or health management in case of incapacity due or the inevitable.
To schedule an initial free phone consultation, please contact us today.
Estate Planning Process
Every estate plan is as unique as you, this is why we tailor your estate plan to fit your personal situation. In general the estate planning process will require at least two meetings with our Houston estate planning lawyer. During the first meeting, we will discuss your estate planning goals, your assets and your family dynamics to ensure that we can draft your estate planning documents to meet your specific individual situation, goals and objectives. The second meeting will be the formal execution ceremony where you will sign your estate planning documents in the presence of two witnesses and a notary.
Because we also offer Online Estate Planning Services, we can do all of our meetings over the phone or via Skype. If you choose for an Online Estate Plan, we will provide mail all the documents to you, with detailed instructions on how you should execute them.
To start the Estate Planning Process with us, the following is required:
- Schedule an initial free consultation. At this meeting (which is not one of the two required meetings and will be done via the phone, it takes about 5-10 minutes), we will go over what an estate plan entails, answer any questions you may have about the process, and discuss your estate planning goals.
- If you like the process and you’re interested in sitting down with our trusted Estate Planning Attorney, during our Estate and Legacy Preservation Meeting™, we will schedule this 60-90 minute paid consultation during which we will in detail cover information about your family, the size of your estate, and your estate planning objectives. When you sign an engagement agreement, the Estate and Legacy Preservation Meeting™ fee will be applied to the cost of your estate plan, making the consultation complementary to you.
- Also, you will be asked to fill out our estate planning worksheet and bring it with you to your Estate and Legacy Preservation Meeting™. This worksheet will include: (a) information about you and your family, (b) information about your assets and how you would like those assets distributed, (c) information about who you would like to make decisions for you regarding medical care and management of your property if you are unable, and (d) if you have children, information about who you would like to take care of them if you are unable.
- After signing an engagement agreement with us, we will schedule a follow-up meeting to discuss specific aspects of your estate plan, or if time permits, we might even discuss specifics of your estate plan during your Estate and Legacy Preservation Meeting™.
- We will then draft your estate planning documents based on our discussion, provide a plan summary for your review, and make any necessary corrections.
- Thereafter, we may schedule an execution ceremony at our office. At this ceremony, you will sign all of your documents and have them witnessed and notarized with the formalities required to make them legally valid and binding.
Contact the Law Offices of GP Schoemakers, PLLC today to arrange a consultation with our honest, compassionate and well-informed Estate Planning Lawyer in Clear Lake, Texas.