WILLS & TRUSTS – PLAN AHEAD FOR THE UNEXPECTED
CONSULT AN ESTATE PLANNING LAWYER IN LEAGUE CITY, TX
No matter how big or small your estate is, it’s important to have a plan for the future. A comprehensive Estate Plan involves more than just a Will. While a Will can provide for the transfer of your assets (property) at death, it does not cover you in case something happens to you due to illness or injury. An effective Estate Plan will lay out who will make decisions for you when you are legally incapacitated.
While we recognized that having a Will is extremely important, it is necessary to point out that a Will has no legal effect until after your death and only when it gets probated. However, a Will does not help you in case you become temporarily or even permanently incapacitated, as it does not direct who or how your assets are managed or how your wishes will be followed with regards to medical decisions.
A well thought out Estate Plan should cover the following questions:
- Who will receive my property when I die and how should it be distributed?
- Who will be responsible for distributing my property in accordance with my wishes when I die?
- Who will manage my assets if I become incapacitated?
- What type of medical care do I want if I am unable to discuss my care with my doctor?
- Who will make decisions about my medical care if I cannot? Will that person have access to my medical information so he or she can make informed decisions?
Also, if you have minor children, the following questions will be of the same importance:
- Who will take care for my minor children if I die or if I become incapacitated?
- Who will be responsible for managing their assets if I die or if I become incapacitated?
At GP Schoemakers, PLLC, our Houston Estate Planning Lawyer recommends that every estate plan includes the following documents:
Discuss your estate planning needs with a trusted estate planning lawyer in the League City, Texas today. The Law Offices of GP Schoemakers, PLLC can help you develop a thorough plan for your estate.
DON’T LEAVE YOUR FAMILY GUESSING – GET HELP WITH YOUR ESTATE PLANNING TODAY
GP Schoemakers offers various estate planning and asset protection planning needs so let us help you plan a better tomorrow, today.
- Family Estate Planning – plan for everyone and everything by ensuring you know what will happen to your loved ones, assets and money after you have passed.
- Guardianship Planning – Plan for your family’s future by making sure you decide what happens to your family, versus the court, should both parents be unable to care for your children.
- Special Needs Planning – Provide your special needs or developmental disabled children with a proper caregiver and financial support they need after you pass.
- Asset Protection – We never know what’s going to happen and when so it’s best to have a plan in place and review it every so often to be sure your assets pass onto the correct loved ones or your family is taken care of.
- Legacy Preservation Planning – Your unique gift of a message to loved ones left behind helps them move forward when you are no longer there.
- Gun Trusts – Protect your weapons when you pass or simply share your possessions with your family or friends while accounting for federal laws and help to avoid probate when you pass.
Contact the Law Offices of GP Schoemakers today to arrange a consultation with a reputable estate planning lawyer in League City, Texas. Attorney Schoemakers will:
- Meet with you to discuss your situation
- Take a close look at your assets
- Help you understand wills and trusts
- Design an estate plan that meets your needs
- Make sure you Minor Children are taken care for
Trust attorney Schoemakers to help you determine the best way to manage your estate. Call now to schedule an appointment with an estate planning lawyer in League City, TX.